CSI’s Fundamentals of Financial Planning (FOFP) course is ideal for savvy investment professionals who want to specialize further and expand and maintain their client base. Students will gain a solid foundation in financial planning and a wide range of essential skills including the intricacies of retirement and estate planning, the principles of ethics and wealth management, and the rigours of tax and personal risk management. Other skills to be gained involve developing more comprehensive budgets and savings plans, and improved knowledge of family law.
What skills will you develop?
Course work will help students improve their needs assessment of clients, and develop a more effective relationship and financial planning advice. Upon completion of the course students will:
- Demonstrate a greater understanding of current trends in wealth management
- Develop a better understanding of fiduciary duty, trust, agency and code of ethics and family law
- Develop an enhanced understanding of net worth and cash management planning and personal risk
- Discern the importance of tax planning and how it affects clients’ current and future lifestyles
- Discern the importance of retirement planning and estate planning in the wealth transfer
Who should enrol?
Fundamentals of Financial Planning course is for:
- Individuals who have completed the Canadian Securities Course and Investment Management Techniques Course and aspire to earn the Certificate in Advanced Investment Advice
- Individuals at securities firms and investment management firms who wish to gain a fundamental knowledge of financial planning to complement their investment management knowledge