What is CSA?

The ultimate authority for the licensing requirements of all individuals selling any type of securities rests with each provincial securities commission. In the case of IIROC member firms, IIROC is responsible for filing with the appropriate provincial securities commissions. Mutual fund companies file directly with the commissions. The Canadian Securities Administrators website provides links to each of the Securities Commissions.

What courses meet CSA requirements?

The following are the CSI courses that meet the educational requirements for positions regulated by CSA. Please note that in addition to these educational requirements, these positions may have additional requirements such as work experience.

Licensing under the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA)

Exempt Market Dealer

Portfolio Manager