Earning the CIM®
- The CIM® requires applicants to complete 1 of 2 approved learning paths, offered exclusively through the Canadian Securities Institute.
- Work Experience
- CIM® applicants must have at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Code of Ethics
- When applying for the CIM® you must commit to the CIM® Code of Ethics.
- You are also required to agree to the terms of the CIM® Certification Mark Licence Agreement, which grants you the right to use the CIM® trademarks in your own marketing.
- The initial application fee is $275 and includes your licence fee for the year.
Maintaining the CIM®
- Complete a minimum of 42 hours of continuing education (over a 3-year cycle)
- Re-commit to the CIM® Code of Ethics (annually)
- Re-commit to the Certification Mark Licence Agreement (annually)
- Pay a licence fee of $275 (annually)
Learn more about CIM® Maintenance Requirements