BECOMING A CIM®
The Chartered Investment Manager (CIM®) designation is the industry standard for discretionary investment and portfolio management services. It is recognized by Canadian securities regulators and ensures that those who earn it are qualified to evaluate and manage all aspects of a client’s investment portfolio.
When you earn the CIM®, you become one of 4500 investment advisors qualified to manage money on a discretionary basis for an increasing number of sophisticated clients.
Why Become a CIM®?
In addition to qualifying you to manage a client’s investment portfolio in a discretionary capacity, your CIM® designation provides you with the following benefits:
- Regulators may look at “good standing” within CIM® when reviewing applications for first time registration or for ongoing registration with IIROC
- You will be listed in CSI’s CIM® Directory, which helps clients find you and verify your credentials
- Advanced standing into Dalhousie's MBA in Financial Services
CIM® designation holders in good standing are eligible to receive credit for up to 4 MBA courses. Learn more about Dalhousie's MBA in Financial Services.
- Discounted CE Packages – exclusively for designation holders
Access to exclusive Professional Development CE packages to help you complete your CE requirements at a discounted rate. The offer is only available when you renew your designation.
- CIM® trademark designation letters:
the right to use in marketing materials to promote your credentials
- CIM® Portal login:
unlock online resources, publications and customizable marketing materials
- CIM® LinkedIn community:
network and contribute to valuable discussion
- Exclusive webinars:
stay on top of the latest industry topics
- Promotional tools
to help you promote yourself, your designation and educate your clients about you CIM