CIM ® REQUIREMENTS
Education : The CIM® requires applicants to complete 1 of 2 approved learning paths, offered exclusively through the Canadian Securities Institute.
Work Experience : CIM® applicants must have at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
Code of Ethics : When applying for the CIM® you must commit to the CIM® Code of Ethics.
Trademarks : You are also required to agree to the terms of the CIM® Certification Mark Licence Agreement, which grants you the right to use the CIM® trademarks in your own marketing.
Application/Licence : The initial application fee is $275 and includes your licence fee for the year, your commitment to the maintenance requirements and your Fit and Proper Declaration.
To maintain your CIM® in good standing, you must:
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours (20 hours of professional development and 10 hours of Compliance) over a 2-year cycle.
- Re-commit to the CIM® Code of Ethics (annually).
- Re-commit to the Certification Mark Licence Agreement (annually).
- Pay a licence fee of $275 (annually).
- Learn more about CIM® Maintenance Requirements.