Earning the CIWM
- The CIWM requires applicants to complete an approved learning path and the Strategic Wealth 360 assessment. Before enrolling in the CIWM program, you must hold an approved financial designation or have completed the Wealth Management Essentials course.
- CIWM applicants must have at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Code of Ethics
- When applying for the CIWM you must commit to the CIWM Code of Ethics.
- You are also required to agree to the terms of the CIWM Certification Mark Licence Agreement, which grants you the right to use the CIWM trademarks in your own marketing.
- The initial application fee is $275 and includes your licence fee for the year.
Maintaining the CIWM
To maintain your CIWM designation in good standing, you must:
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education (CE) (per calendar year)
- Re-commit to the CIWM Code of Ethics (annually)
- Re-commit to the Certification Mark Licence Agreement (annually)
- Pay a licence fee of $275 (annually)
Learn more about CIWM Maintenance Requirements