After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Define and explain the succession planning process
- Identify the obstacles in business succession planning and explain ways to structure the plan to work around them
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of each business entity type and gain an appreciation of the issues that must be addressed in establishing a succession plan
- Identify the variety of legal and business agreements and explain their implications
- Explain how legal and business agreements can address issues that are critical to the ongoing success of the business
- Identify the different tools available to reduce the income tax impact on the succession plan
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||N/A|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.