After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Identify and explain the general rules applicable to the taxation of an individual on death and the taxation of personal trusts
- Determine how and when trusts may be used by individual clients in carrying out their financial and estate planning objectives
- Introduce and explain seven estate planning goals that will be of interest to clients
- Explain how a clients' assets and liabilities create opportunities and limitations for estate planning
- Explain how the identity and circumstances of clients' intended beneficiaries may impact their estate planning goals
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||N/A|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.