After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Define a pension plan and state the role of the pension plan administrator
- State the vehicles for funding registered pension plans
- Distinguish between trusteed pension plans and insured plans
- State the types of funding methods available through the trusteed and insured approaches
- Distinguish between defined contribution and defined benefit pension plans
- State the contribution limits for pension plans
- Define the types of defined benefit plans
- Outline vesting, locking-in and benefit requirements
- Explain the implications of a pension surplus to the sponsor, beneficiaries and trustee/custodian
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||N/A|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.