This course will teach students the options for small business succession, how to minimize related tax bills and the role and duties of the executor.
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Suggest viable business succession options to small business clients
- Explain the crucial role of buy-sell agreements in a well-planned, orderly business succession
- Present options for funding a buy-sell agreement
- Explain how life insurance is often the most practical method of funding a buy-sell agreement
- Describe the techniques to avoid or defer the payment of taxes when planning for business succession
- Outline what small business clients should consider when preparing a shareholders/partnership agreement
- Describe the executor’s role and duties in winding up the deceased’s business
The three-hour professional development CE course, Business Succession for Small Business Clients (BSSB), will be of interest to IAs as well as PFP® and CSWP™ designation holders who want to keep their designation in good standing and want to ensure their small business clients are given every advantage in their retirement planning.
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||N/A|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.