What you’ll learn
Course work will help students gain the effective communications skills that build strong client relationships. Upon completion of the course students will:
- Use verbal communication skills to capture the audience’s attention
- Identify the most important part of messages
- Engage in non-verbal communication to send effective messages without words
- Understand non-verbal indicators such as body language, gestures, facial expressions and eye movement
- Determine what can go wrong in the communication process
- Adapt perceptions to understand client viewpoints and the world around them
- Develop good listening and observation skills
- Address listening problems and communication breakdowns
- Determine how to use sensitivity techniques to communicate with diverse cultures
This course is taught online, students are provided with:
- Online, interactive content
- Exercises in doc and pdf format
- Review questions, self-check, and final assessment
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||25|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.