|Approximate Hours of Study**|
|Hours of Study||3 hours|
What You Will Learn
- The history and development of the exchange-traded fund (ETF) as well as its basic characteristics.
- ETF features
- Current developments
- ETFs compared other managed investments
- ETF legal structures
- The different formats of ETFs, as well as their individual mechanics.
- Explain portfolio construction and the creation/redemption process
- The key details that must be considered to get the most from investment in ETFs.
- ETF alternatives
- International investing
- The regulatory environment
- Gatekeeper responsibilities of the dealer member
- Due diligence responsibilities regarding ETF client suitability
- Sales practice responsibilities regarding leveraged and inverse ETFs
- ETF trading strategies
- Impact of ETF portfolio construction strategies on taxable distributions
- The impact of index volatility on leveraged ETFs returns
- The uses of market and order limits and how time of day of transactions affects various ETF types
|Number of Quizzes||1|
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||25 questions|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.