While understanding the basic concepts of fixed income securities, students will be immersed in how to apply critical thinking in a fast-paced environment.
The following topics will be covered in the course:
Module 1: Overview of Fixed-Income Trading Operations
- Section 1 Fixed-Income Trading Operations
- Section 2 Roles and Responsibilities of Fixed-Income Trading Professionals
- Section 3 Characteristics of Fixed-Income Securities
- Section 4 Trading Mechanics of Fixed-Income Securities
Module 2: Analysis of Fixed-Income Securities
- Section 1 Valuation of Fixed-Income Securities
- Section 2 Yield Curves and Spreads
- Section 3 Duration and Convexity
Module 3: Fixed-Income Strategies
- Section 1 Differences Among the Various Strategies
- Section 2 Market Timing
- Section 3 Securitization
Module 4: Risks Associated With Trading Fixed-Income Securities
- Section 1 Types of risks
- Section 2 Risk management
- Section 3 IIROC regulations related to trading fixed income securities
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||60|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.
This course is now eligible for CFA CE credits.