This course will teach students the benefits of international diversification, giving them the skills to build international portfolios for clients.
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Discuss international investing as an important component of portfolio diversification
- Communicate the advantages and disadvantages of investing internationally
- Assess major international equity benchmarks
- Differentiate various foreign investment vehicles
- Utilize effective international investing skills
- Understand the role of allocation models in assessing international investment opportunities
- Understand the risks of investing internationally
The three-hour professional development CE course, Guide to International Investing (GII), will be of interest to IAs as well as PFP® and CSWP™ designation holders who want to keep their designation in good standing and who want to ensure their high net worth clients are given the best opportunities for their investment portfolio.
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||N/A|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.
This course is now eligible for CFA CE credits. CFA – Confirmation of CE Activities (PDF)