This one-hour course will give students a general set of guidelines for using social media in financial services. They will also understand the rules and regulations established by various authorities.
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Understand the Canadian regulatory framework for financial institutions and the ground rules for using social media
- Differentiate which rules and regulations financial professionals need for social media
- Comprehend the impact of general guidelines on sales communication and social media (IIROC)
- Establish the impact of disclosure requirements on social media
- Discuss the impact of regulations involving how to handle client complaints and social media
- Understand the regulations on maintaining records of social media messages and their impact on social media
- Determine how MFDA differentiates what is advertising and sales communication, and client communication, and how this impacts social media
- Address the protection of personal information and its impact when using social media (PIPEDA)
Clients need to be assured their financial advisors are savvy and trustworthy. As a professional development CE course, Guidelines for Financial Professionals Using Social Media will be of interest to students who want to be assured they are meeting industry guidelines and regulations as they take advantage of using social media to interact with existing clients and attract new business.
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||15|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.