This one-hour PD course will teach students how to use a variety of social media and expand their client base.
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Realize the key functions of social media and define essential social media terminology
- Discuss the importance of social media for financial professionals
- Gain start-up tips about social media tools, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Access key social media resources and links
- Understand the nuances of social media and client comfort level
- Examine who else is using social media in the financial sector
- Avoid online image problems and understand what clients expect from professionals online
- Maintain and expand client base with social media
Word-of-mouth advertising has been transformed through social media. As a professional development CE course, Introduction to Social Media for Financial Professionals will be of interest to all financial professionals who want to successfully market their services and expertise with new clients. It will also help strengthen their relationships with existing clients.
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||10|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.