This course will teach students the challenges and benefits of gifting assets, planned charitable giving, and structured gift instruments. It also explores the effect of taxes when distributing wealth.
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Communicate the challenges faced in gifting assets
- Reveal the impact of attribution rules on gifting assets to family members during clients’ lifetimes
- Describe how to gift assets tax efficiently
- Explain how to include charitable gifts in a will and retain donation tax credits in the year of death
- Understand the benefits of donating different types of assets
- Detail which gift instruments can earn an income and/or make charitable gift contributions over time for clients
- Identify charitable gift planning opportunities
The three-hour professional development CE course, Planned Charitable Giving, will be of interest to IAs as well as PFP® and CSWP™ designation holders who want to keep their designation in good standing and who want to ensure their high net worth clients are given every advantage in their retirement planning.
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||N/A|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.