This 5 lesson course will teach the advisor the following:
- What Is Private Equity?
- History of Private Equity
- Size of the Market
- Role of Private Equity in Canada and Worldwide
- Impact of Private Equity on Financial Markets and the Economy
- Regulatory Environment for Private Equity in Canada and Worldwide
- Private Equity Financing
- Corporate Finance
- Venture Capital
- Private Debt Financing
- Mezzanine Debt
- Distressed Debt
- Commonly Used Forms of Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Distressed Investing
- Who Is the Typical Private Equity Investor?
- Advantages of Private Equity Investing
- Disadvantages of Private Equity Investing
- Unique Risks of Private Equity Investing
- Characteristics of the Private Equity Structure
- Considerations in Structuring Private Equity Portfolios
- Use of Private Equity in Institutional and Individual Portfolios
- Structure of Private Equity Funds
- Investment Life Cycle of a Limited Partnership
- Selecting Investments
- Structuring Investments
- Monitoring Investments
- Exiting Investments
- Structuring the Relationship between Limited Partners and General Partners
- Partnership Agreement
- General Partner Compensation
- Partnership Covenants
- Valuation of Private Equity Funds
- Due Diligence on Private Equity Managers
- Attributes Driving Performance
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||20|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.
This course is now eligible for CFA CE credits. CFA – Confirmation of CE Activities (PDF)