This one-hour PD course will teach students the concept of elder abuse and how to determine when elderly clients are being financially exploited. They’ll also learn what actions need to be taken.
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Describe various forms of financial exploitation of elderly clients
- Detect the warning signs of financial exploitation of elderly clients
- List the guidelines for elderly clients to protect themselves
- Give a profile of the typical victim of financial exploitation
- Give profiles of the different types of perpetrators of financial exploitation, and the range of schemes they perpetrate
- Understand the behavioural and financial warning signs of financial exploitation
- Discuss how financial professionals can protect clients against financial exploitation
- Use interview guidelines with a suspected victim of financial exploitation
- Differentiate between dementia and financial exploitation
Understanding how to help elderly clients and protect them from financial fraud is rewarding. It protects your clients and builds a marketable, trustworthy reputation for advisors. Safeguard Elderly Clients from Financial Fraud will be of interest to students who have clients who are considered elderly or seniors.
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||9|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.