What You Will Learn
- Introduction to the Crude Oil industry
- History of Crude Oil
- Structure of the Oil Industry
- What is UpStream Activity?
- What is DownStream Activity?
- Crude Oil Trading
- The Physical Market
- Derivative Markets
- Major Participants in Crude Oil Risk Management
- Oil Market Pricing
- Factors Affecting Supply
- Factors Affecting Demand
- Supply Versus Demand
- Forward Pricing
- Crude Oil Pricing
- Heating Oil and Gasoline
- Crude Oil Investment Vehicles
- Mutual Funds and ETFs
- Futures and Futures Options Contracts
- Calendar Spreads
- Commodity Product Spreads
|Approximate Hours of Study**|
|Hours of Study||3 hours|
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||20 questions|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.