The Tax-Free Saving Account (TFSA) is considered as the most important new savings vehicle since the introduction of the Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP). Canadian adults have the opportunity to save money in qualified investment vehicles and have those savings grow tax-free throughout their lifetime. Given the mass appeal of the TFSA, it is essential for financial professionals to understand its details and benefits for their clients.
What You Will Learn
Through a case-study approach, CSI's Understanding TFSAs CE course will teach the learner how to effectively inform and educate their clients of the features, benefits and rules of TFSAs.
Topics covered include:
- Identifying the types of investments that should be placed in a TFSA
- Compare the benefits of TFSAs and RRSPs
- Demonstrate how much money can accumulate tax-free within a TFSA
- Explain how a TFSA can be used to split income with a spouse or child
- Demonstrate how TFSA holders can avoid clawbacks to Social Security benefits