What You Will Learn
- A History of Gold.
- A Store of Wealth and a Medium of Exchange
- The Gold Standard
- The Floating-Rate Currencies
- Structure of the Gold Industry.
- The Mining Process
- Milling and Concentrating
- Smelting and Refining
- Casting and Mining
- Gold Demand and Supply.
- Gold Prices and Jewellery Demand
- Industrial Demand
- New Uses of Gold
- Investment Demand
- Mine Production
- Gold Scrap and Recycling
- Central Bank Sales
- The case for Gold as an Investment
- Gold as a Portfolio Diversifier
- Mutual Funds and ETFs
- Gold as a Hedge Against Currency Weakness
- Gold as an Inflation Hedge
- Gold as a Hedge Against Geopolitical Uncertainty
- Risks and Costs of Investing in Gold
- Gold Market Pricing and Investment Vehicles
- Spot Gold Market Pricing
- Forward Gold Pricing
- Gold Investment Vehicles
- Physical Gold
- Individual Equities
- Mutual Funds and ETFs
- Commodity Futures, Futures Options and Structured Products
- Futures and Futures Options
- Gold-Linked Bonds and Structured Notes
- Precious Metals Mining Company Analysis
- Main Equity Valuation Measures: Pre-Production vs. Producing
- Pre-Production Companies
- Currently Producing Companies
- Net Asset Value
- Equity Valuation Lessons Learned During the New Millenium Precious Metals Bull Market
- Rapidly Escalating Capital and Operating Costs
- Decline in Head Grade
- Operating Cost Definition
|Approximate Hours of Study**|
|Hours of Study||3 hours|
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.