This two-hour PD course will teach students relevant statistics relating to new immigrants and financial services. It will also discuss how to establish a comfortable rapport before easing into business discussions.
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Understand the top three barriers to accessing financial services for new immigrants
- Discuss the top financial needs of newcomers
- Ask appropriate questions and engage in active listen
- Demonstrate positive non-verbal communication
- Summarize a client’s needs and offer solutions after holding a conversation
- Explain the rationale for the identified solutions
- Invite client questions
- Ask the client whether time is needed to think about the solutions, or if he/she is ready to decide
Advisors interested in creating a comfortable environment for new immigrant clients must learn how to have a cross-cultural business conversation. Building a rapport builds confidence which improves business. Understanding the Needs of New Immigrant Clients will be of interest to any professional who deals with clients who have recently immigrated to Canada.
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||15|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.