UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the psychological changes that take place as a result of aging.
- Explain how the aging process affects decision-making.
- Understand the ways elderly clients look at price and value.
- Explain the differences between crystallized and fluid thinking.
- Understand the myths surrounding the aging process.
- Understand the major health issues faced by aging clients.
- Understand the risk factors associated with chronic disease.
- Explain why advisors need to understand the implications of cognitive impairment.
- Explain the types of long-term care facilities available.
- Understand why clients need to plan for their last years.
- Determine the best long-term care plan for your client’s specific needs.
- Understand who is at risk of a fall.
- Explain how to minimize the risk of fall by adjusting an environment.
- Understand how changing small details in your office may significantly improve your interactions with your aging clients.
- Understand how age and life cycle relate to KYC
- Explain the importance of suitability for the aging client
- Understand the risks involved with Senior Designations
- Realize the importance of ethics and dealing with the aging client.
Lesson 1: Psychological Changes
Lesson 2: Major Health Care Risks Faced by Aging Clients
Lesson 3: The Long-Term Care Continuum
Lesson 4: Creating a Client Friendly Environment
Lesson 5: Compliance Considerations
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Quiz||N/A|
|Enrolment Period||6 months|
* IMPORTANT: There is no maximum to the number of quiz attempts permitted, but only the first passing grade (60% or over) will appear on official web transcript.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.
This course is now eligible for CFA CE credits. CFA – Confirmation of CE Activities (PDF)