Reach new levels of success as an Independent Mutual Fund Representative
Successful mutual fund reps understand a client's financial needs and objectives shift over time. This means their financial and investment plans must be adaptable and meet regulatory and ethical standards. If representatives really want to stand out to clients they need to broaden their knowledge of the financial products and tools available to assess what's best for today's demanding clients.
Move careers ahead by embracing industry professionalism
The Building a Mutual Funds Advisory Practice (BMAP) course will provide the independent mutual fund advisor with the opportunity to think critically about their practice. By taking this course the mutual fund advisor will obtain better practice management techniques by developing an action plan to grow their book of business. Apply a systematic approach to investment management including portfolio theory, a strategic asset allocation and rebalancing. They will also be able to better explain the structures, risks and benefits of various products and be able to compare them to mutual funds as well evaluate their suitability for the investor.
Advisor will gain a comprehensive understanding of building an authoritative mutual funds practice, its tools and standards. Upon completion advisor will be able to:
- Implement effective selling techniques to grow their book of business
- Increase networking to find new clients and increase credibility with employers
- Identify the right clients for their growing their business
- Turn theory into practice by developing a business plan
- Develop skills to identify client needs and constraints, improving recommendations
- Improve understanding of regulatory requirements, increasing knowledge of clients
- Increase knowledge of opportunities and risks of investment products, improving client knowledge and investments
- Sell a broader range of financial products, satisfying client demand for alternative investment products
- Earn additional commissions through direct selling and referrals, increasing their book of business
Who should enrol?
The Building a Mutual Funds Advisory Practice course will benefit MFR, MFSR or Insurance Sales Agents in a private practice who are on the path to Certificate in Advanced Mutual Fund Advice. They have already taken the CSC, IFC or CIFC and FOFP courses. It will appeal to anyone interested in becoming a financial planner or earning the CFP or PFP industry designation.