Boost Your Investor Knowledge with the Investment Industry's Foundation Course
It's more critical than ever for individuals to have a firm grasp of the financial world – including you, the investor. That's why CSI is proud to offer the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) for Investors.*
The content for the CSC for Investors is parallel to that of the original Canadian Securities Course (CSC)® that financial professionals take as the foundation course for their careers in financial services. By working off of a similar foundation to that of a financial professional, you can get the most out of your partnership with your financial advisor – working together to have better discussions, make informed decisions and maximize your investment potential.
By completing the CSC for Investors, you’ll:
- Learn the nuances of the investing world so you can be actively involved in your financial future
- Gather the intelligence you need to make smart investment decisions
- Feel confident in your newfound financial understanding
- Get the most out of your relationship with your financial advisor
*Who Should Enrol?
The CSC for Investors is for individuals looking to boost their personal knowledge about investing, and completing the course does not lead to licensing and registration requirements with regulatory authorities. If you are interested in a financial services career, you must take the original Canadian Securities Course (CSC)® in order to meet regulatory licensing and registration requirements.
A comparison of our two CSC course offerings† is below:
|Canadian Securities Course (CSC) for Investors||Canadian Securities Course (CSC)®|
|Leads to licensing and registration†|
|In-depth quality content|
|Unlimited use of interactive learning exercises|
|Access to CSI's expert academic support|
|Access to course-taker discussion boards|
|1 year enrolment in course|
|Eligible to purchase course extension†|
|Wall certificate upon passing exams†|
|Academic transcript issued upon passing exams†|
|Notice of Course Completion issued upon passing exams†|
|Prices starting at†||$495||$985|
† Please ensure you select the correct course version for you. Course transfers between the CSC for Investors and the original CSC® are not permitted. Examinations are not included with your CSC for Investors enrolment, nor can they be purchased separately.
Become an Informed Investor
The key to investment success is to understand how investing works. When you complete the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) for Investors*, you’ll be able to draw from the same pool of foundational knowledge as financial professionals to make informed and confident investment decisions.
With the CSC for Investors, you’ll learn how to navigate many aspects of the industry:
- Setting financial goals, the financial planning process and taxation
- Financial instruments: fixed income, equities, managed products, structured products, fee based accounts and derivatives
- Market and economic events impacting investment performance
- The Canadian securities industry and the regulatory environment
- Understanding and analyzing corporate financial statements
- Company, industry and market performance/analysis
- The portfolio management process and asset allocation
- Industry standards of conduct and the code of ethics
- The institutional marketplace
Convenient and Flexible Learning to Help You Meet Your Goals
CSI offers a variety of options to help you learn at your own pace. Learn online, by textbook or using a combination of both.
Our online learning system enables you to benefit from:
- Learning objectives and goals that keep you focused
- Interactive tools to help you evaluate and apply course material
- Post-chapter tests to assess your progress
- Course updates
- Online discussion forums and assistance from CSI's academic support specialists
- Six online audio podcasts
- Each audio podcasts (10 to 15 minutes in length) walks students through different scenarios and examples in an easy to understand manner to reinforce learning.
- Topic-specific podcasts focus on the basics, clarifying the terminology and reinforcing concepts by regularly summarizing the material.
- Podcasts can be easily listened to on a PC or portable media players (iPod, MP3 players, Smartphones).
* The Canadian Securities Course (CSC) for Investors does not lead to licensing and registration requirements with regulatory authorities. If you are interested in a financial services career, you must take the original Canadian Securities Course (CSC)® in order to meet regulatory licensing and registration requirements. Please ensure you select the correct course version for you. Course transfers between the CSC for Investors and the original CSC® are not permitted. Examinations are not included with your CSC for Investors enrolment, nor can they be purchased separately.
SHIPPING & HANDLING
- Non-electronic course materials will ship within 5 business days of purchase.
- Electronic course materials will be available immediately upon purchase.
- Shipping costs vary by location and will be displayed on the final screen of check out.
- Shipping and handling fees will apply to all orders that include textbooks.