Become an Informed Investor
The key to investment success is to understand how investing works. When you complete the Canadian Securities Course (CSC®) for Investors*, you’ll be able to draw from the same pool of foundational knowledge as financial professionals to make informed and confident investment decisions.
With the CSC for Investors, you’ll learn how to navigate many aspects of the industry:
- Setting financial goals, the financial planning process and taxation
- Financial instruments: fixed income, equities, managed products, structured products, fee based accounts and derivatives
- Market and economic events impacting investment performance
- The Canadian securities industry and the regulatory environment
- Understanding and analyzing corporate financial statements
- Company, industry and market performance/analysis
- The portfolio management process and asset allocation
- Industry standards of conduct and the code of ethics
- The institutional marketplace
Convenient and Flexible Learning to Help You Meet Your Goals
CSI offers a variety of options to help you learn at your own pace. Learn online, by textbook or using a combination of both.
Our online learning system enables you to benefit from:
- Learning objectives and goals that keep you focused
- Interactive tools to help you evaluate and apply course material
- Post-chapter tests to assess your progress
- Course updates
- Online discussion forums and assistance from CSI's academic support specialists
- Six online audio podcasts
- Each audio podcasts (10 to 15 minutes in length) walks students through different scenarios and examples in an easy to understand manner to reinforce learning.
- Topic-specific podcasts focus on the basics, clarifying the terminology and reinforcing concepts by regularly summarizing the material.
- Podcasts can be easily listened to on a PC or portable media players (iPod, MP3 players, Smartphones).
* The Canadian Securities Course (CSC®) for Investors does not lead to licensing and registration requirements with regulatory authorities. If you are interested in a financial services career, you must take the original Canadian Securities Course (CSC®)® in order to meet regulatory licensing and registration requirements. Please ensure you select the correct course version for you. Course transfers between the CSC for Investors and the original CSC® are not permitted. Examinations are not included with your CSC for Investors enrolment, nor can they be purchased separately.