Designed to show industry currency and professional development, the CSC Refresh 2016 badge is awarded after the successful completion of a timed online test which reviews foundational and updated content of the CSC.
Learn about what's making news:
- Exchange-traded funds
- Market sentiment
- Commodities as an asset class
- The art of conversation in wealth management
- Irrational investors
- Circuit Breakers and flash crashes
- The client relationship model - phase 2
- Responsible investment
The CSC Refresh 2016 includes:
- Access to the most recent CSC electronic textbook (online learning activities not included)
- Current Events and New CSC Material resource document
- Two diagnostic quizzes, reflecting Volumes 1 and 2 of the textbook, to help identify content you need to review
- Online test (75 questions, 120 minutes) that can be attempted twice
- A secure link to the CSI website to validate authenticity of the CSC Refresh 2016 badge
- Visual icon of the badge to provide quick identification to potential employers of completion of the CSC Refresh 2016
- Demonstration to potential employers of your commitment to industry currency and professional development
CSC graduates who enrol in this distinctive, new program have three months to complete the requirements to earn the badge. There are no extensions or cancellations. Note that the annual badge will not expire; however, a new badge will launch each January (i.e. CSC Refresh 2016) with updated content and a new test for students to earn the most current badge.
The format and structure of the final test is as follows:
|Approximate Hours of Study**|
|Hours of Study||20-40 hours|
|Test Length||120 Minutes|
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Questions Per Exam||75|
|Attempts Allowed Per Exam||2|
(weightings are approximate)
The final test will weighted by the core learning domains of the CSC as noted below. Within those weightings approximately 30 – 35% of the test will assess material covered in the Current Events and New CSC Material document and 65 – 70% of the test will assess foundational knowledge included in the most recent CSC textbook.
|The Canadian Investment Marketplace||11%|
|Analysis of Managed Products||27%|
|Working with the Client||17%|
|Enrolment Period||3 months|
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Click the links below or the buttons at the top of the page on the right side to access CE accreditation information. To search for specific course information, press Ctrl + F and then enter the course name to search the document for the information you are interested in.
National/Provincial (Excluding Quebec)
Download CE Chart (PDF, 163 kb)
Download IQPF/CSF Chart (PDF, 182 kb)
Please note: While CSI makes every effort to ensure that the information is up-to-date, we are unfortunately unable to fully guarantee its accuracy. The information listed in the charts above may be subject to change.
For details on the organizations and other information on CE Credits listed in the above charts, please click here.