Demystify Derivatives - Understand one of the most powerful investments in the industry
The Derivatives Fundamentals Course (DFC®) introduces you to the complex world of forwards, futures, swaps and options. Learn about the derivatives market from both a risk management and a trading perspective and jumpstart your career in this exciting market.
- The First Step to Earning Your Futures and/or Options License: The DFC® plus the Options Licensing Course and/or the Futures Licensing Course satisfies a major proficiency requirement to become licensed to sell exchange-traded options and futures. You may also take the Derivatives Fundamentals and Options Licensing (DFOL) course as a substitute for completing the DFC and OLC to gain your options license.
- Become a Derivatives Market Specialist: Be recognized for your broad knowledge of derivatives products and strategies with the Certificate in Derivatives Market Strategies.
- Qualify to Sell Managed Future Funds (Commodity Pools): The DFC® fulfills the provincial securities commissions proficiency requirements for mutual funds representatives interested in selling Managed Future Funds.
- Be registered as a Commodity Trading Advisor or Commodity Counsel or a Commodity Trading Manager: Contract for Differences can be sold to investors in Ontario and Quebec. To do so you must be employed by an IIROC member firm and successfully complete the FLC and DFC courses as well as hold a license as a Registered Representative.
- This course is included in the CSI programs recognized for advance standing by Dalhousie University within their MBA (Financial Services) degree.
Who Should Enrol
Enrol in the DFC® if you're:
- Interested in obtaining a license to sell derivatives
- Looking for CE credits
- Seeking general derivatives knowledge
- Are working towards your Certificate in Derivatives Market Strategies
- Are working towards your Certificate in Equity Trading and Sales
- Are working towards your Certificate in Fixed Income Trading and Sales