Successful Estate and Trust Professionals Begin their Careers with a Strong Foundational Knowledge.
As the Canadian population ages, financial services providers will see an increasing demand for the services of trust and estate practitioners and a corresponding growth in career opportunities. Trust and estate professionals expertise is sought by clients looking for ways to ensure that the responsibility of being an executor and/or trustee is undertaken by a trusted professional.
Aligned with industry competencies and delivered through our dynamic, interactive online modules, Estate and Trust Administration offers a highly effective approach to studying. In taking this course, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the work of the executor and trustee in the administration of estates and trusts, as well as a thorough grounding in will preparation and interpretation. You will also learn about the legal and tax environment and the level of competence required of a corporate executor.
This course has been used by trust professionals for over 35 years to provide them with the foundational knowledge they need to provide invaluable services to clients who need assistance with the administration and management of their estate and trust assets. The course is provided through self-paced study of information, principles and practices in the personal trust area, with application to daily job situations
Estate and Trust Administration provides comprehensive information about estate administration and trust management, and it describes in depth the role and responsibilities of the people who provide these services. This course will help you to:
- Expand your knowledge of the functions and services provided by an executor and a trustee
- Increase your competence in dealing with the estate and trust administration needs of clients
- Identify opportunities to assist your clients with estate and trust services and products
This course is designed to be applicable to all provinces. Most provinces operate under Common Law. The one exception is Quebec which operates under the Civil Code.
- If you enroll online, please make sure to select Civil Code (Quebec) or Common Law (rest of Canada), based on your province.
- If you enroll using a hard-copy of the enrolment form, please make sure to indicate Civil Code (Quebec) or Common Law (rest of Canada), based on your province.
Who Should Enrol
The course is ideal for individuals seeking a career in estate and trust administration or management. It will enhance and build your existing estate administration knowledge for those already working in estate and trust and can lead to a professional designation – MTI, Estate and Trust Management
- Estate Administrators
- Trust officers
- Law clerks
- Financial Advisors