Become a Futures Expert
The Futures Licensing Course (FLC) is designed to help you expand your service offering to include futures-based investment strategies. The second course in the two-step licensing program, the FLC meets regulatory proficiency requirements for advisors dealing with the public in futures and futures options contracts.
- Earn Your Futures License: Meet IIROC's proficiency requirements for advisors authorized to deal in futures.
- Take a Step Towards Your Certificate in Derivatives Market Strategies: Completing FLC puts you one step closer to earning your Certificate in Derivatives Market Strategies.
- Qualify for Commodity Trading Advice: The FLC fulfills the provincial securities commissions proficiency requirements to become a Commodity Trading Advisor or a Commodity Trading Manager. Contract for Differences can be sold to investors in Ontario and Quebec. To do so you must be employed by an IIROC member firm and successfully complete the FLC and DFC courses as well as hold a license as a Registered Representative.
- This course is included in the CSI programs recognized for advance standing by Dalhousie University within their MBA (Financial Services) degree.
Who Should Enrol
Enrol in the FLC if you're:
- A graduate of the Derivatives Fundamentals Course (DFC)
- A retail investment advisor wanting to become licensed in futures
- A portfolio manager looking to become licensed in futures
- Looking to work in derivatives, including trading, compliance and surveillance
- Interested in derivatives trading in Canada