The new Macro- and Microeconomics e-Tutorial offers a broad overview of economics. Upon completing the course, you'll be able to recognize general macro- and microeconomic concepts and how they relate to the finance industry.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the role of interest rates and how they affect the economy, including inflation and currency fluctuations.
- Detail the five phases and three indicator types of a business cycle.
- Recognize how the Bank of Canada's monetary policy affects the economy and mitigates the effects of the business cycle.
- Recognize the elements of fiscal policy
- Explain how taxation and government spending can be used to affect the economy.
- Explain the concept of microeconomics as a subset of the whole economy.
- Discuss how supply and demand affect the pricing of a product or service.
You will have access to learning material online for 12 months from the date of your enrolment.