CSI's Certificate in Advanced Investment Advice recognizes investment advisors who have gone beyond the minimum licensing requirements to obtain advanced and more specialized knowledge.
With this certificate, you will be recognized for your sophisticated expertise in:
- Evaluating investor personality types through behavioural finance techniques
- Evaluating the merits of traditional and non-traditional investment products
- Identifying advantages, disadvantages and methods of international investing
- Managing your clients’ investment risk
Expert knowledge in these areas will enable you to offer advanced advice to your retail clients and stand out in a highly competitive industry.
The Certificate in Advanced Investment Advice also serves as an interim certificate that puts you on the path to the Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM) designation for high-net-worth wealth management and the Chartered Investment Manager (CIM®) designation for discretionary investment management.
As of July 2012, candidates are given 5 years to apply for the certificate once all courses have been completed. This requirement will ensure that an individual has a current level of knowledge when the certificate is granted. If an individual wishes to request a certificate after the five years has expired, the individual will be required to re-take the Advanced Investment Strategies course.
Who Should Enrol
Registered advisors working in a securities firm (IIROC platform) in an investment advisory capacity who are looking to enhance their knowledge to better serve their retail clients.
This certificate will help you:
- Share advanced insights with your retail clients and help them make better investment decisions
- Use behavioural finance techniques to identify your clients' risk tolerance
- Use special techniques to manage your clients’ portfolio risk
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of international investing
- Evaluate the array of non-traditional investment products and portfolio solutions available in today's retail market
The Certificate in Advanced Investment Advice also acts as an interim certificate, allowing you to build on your credentials and work towards the Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM) and Chartered Investment Manager (CIM®) designations.