A CIM OFFERS MORE
- The ability to conduct discretionary portfolio management services on behalf of their clients.
- Specialization in high-level investment strategies tailored to affluent clients.
- Meaningful relationships with clients, built upon trust, respect and truly effective portfolio management.
- Credibility in the eyes of clients, peers, employers and regulators through the dedication to a higher professional standard.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
|Advanced money management strategies that best serve affluent and institutional clients.||How to tailor both traditional and/or sophisticated investment strategies to the unique needs of each client.||Effective portfolio management within Canadian markets and regulatory requirements.|
TWO UNIQUE LEARNING PATHWAYS TO ENSURE YOU FIND THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU
IMPORTANT: In addition to the Investment Management Techniques course, individuals seeking the Certificate in Advanced Investment Advice must complete one of the following: Professional Financial Planning Course or Personal Financial Planner® or Certified Financial Planner® designations. Please note the PFPC® , PFP® and CFP® are NOT required for the CIM® designation, only for the Certificate in Advanced Investment Advice. For more information on work experience requirements, click here.
* The Certificate in Advanced Investment Advice is not required to attain the CIM® designation.
To be eligible for the CIM® designation you must have at least 2 years of experience within the past 5 years involved in an investment management capacity that includes applying or supervising any aspect of the investment management process.
NOTICE: 5-YEAR RULE
Individuals must apply for the designation within 5 years of successfully completing the PMT Examination. Individuals who do not qualify for the designation within this 5 year period will be required to re-take the PMT course and examination prior to being granted the designation.