The number of affluent Canadians has doubled over the past decade and many of these individuals are nearing or have already transitioned into retirement.
Private banking/wealth management is one of the fastest growing sectors within the financial services industry. Global wealth has been rapidly increasing and is expected to grow at a steady pace in the years to come. Never before has there been such a demand for expert wealth managers. Today's high net worth clients want sound advice from someone who understands their complex and changing needs.
To meet this demand CSI has partnered with the Swiss-based Association of International Wealth Management (AIWM) to offer a strategic wealth designation program that meets the changing needs of today's financial services industry. As the global standard for strategic wealth management, the path to the Certified International Wealth Manager designation includes courses and certifications to help you grow your relationships with today's high net worth clients.
Three program certificates. One designation.
The path to the CIWM designation also includes three specialized program certificates. Successful completion of the Advanced Retirement Management Strategies (ARMS) leads to a Certificate in Retirement Strategy, completion of Advanced Investment Strategies (AIS) leads to the Certificate in Advanced Investment Advice and completion of Advanced Estate Planning & Trust Strategies (AETS) leads to a Certificate in Estate Planning and Trust Strategy.
- Buying for a Team? Click Here
Who Should Enrol
The CIWM designation program is designed for individuals with experience in the financial services advisory professions such as; investment advisors, financial advisors, private bankers, financial planners and life insurance specialists, working within a securities firm, bank, or a financial planning organization. It is also ideal for legal professionals working in the wealth management sector.
The study path leading to the Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM) designation consists of three courses:
- Advanced Investment Strategies (AIS)
- Advanced Retirement Management Strategies (ARMS)
- Advanced Estate Planning and Trust Strategies (AETS)
These courses are designed to prepare students to manage the complex and sometimes international requirements of affluent clients. Upon successful completion of the Strategic Wealth 360 CIWM candidates are eligible to apply for the Certified International Wealth Manager designation and be ready to:
- Incorporate international wealth management and tax requirements that reflect the needs of cross-border connections and investment of today’s wealth owners.
- Build and manage client relationships that result in a successful partnership.
- Create and implement an optimal comprehensive life-long wealth management plan.
- Establish and implement wealth accumulation and management strategies.
- Collaborate with clients to preserve wealth and optimize the conversion of assets into income.
- Develop and implement a wealth transfer plan that reflects client wishes.
- Coordinate and monitor a team of experts to provide a fully integrated, well-rounded wealth management service.
- Apply business marketing techniques to build a successful practice.
As you build your business, CSI and AIWM will be working alongside you and in the background, providing individual resources, peer-to-peer support and widespread market awareness of the CIWM designation.
- In Canada, CSI actively promotes the CIWM designation to cultivate public awareness and industry recognition of your training and unique depth of services. Outside of Canada, the AIWM along with local chapters promote the CIWM to create increased global awareness of this prestigious designation.
- Marketing resources are available for promoting your business, educating clients and informing prospects (i.e. Access to CIWM client brochure - promote yourself, your practice and your credentials).
- You'll have permission to use the CIWM designation and logo on your business and marketing materials.
- Your CIWM designation entitles you to front-of-the-line customer service at CSI.
- Inclusion in the exclusive Canadian CIWM designation holder directory and the global CIWM directory.
- Advanced standing into Dalhousie's MBA in Financial Services
CIWM designation holders in good standing are eligible to receive credit for up to 4 MBA courses. Learn more about Dalhousie's MBA in Financial Services.
- Discounted CE Packages – exclusively for designation holders
Access to exclusive Professional Development CE packages to help you complete your CE requirements at a discounted rate. The offer is only available when you renew your designation.