The Certificate for Flexible Career Moves
CSI's Certificate in Advanced Mutual Funds Advice puts you on a direct path to the Personal Financial Planner (PFP®) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designations as well as an advanced path to transfer to the IIROC platform. It acknowledges mutual fund advisors who have gained in-depth financial planning and investing knowledge – beyond basic licensing requirements.
By earning this milestone certificate, you increase your overall professionalism and can confidently:
- Develop an action plan to manage and grow your book of business using effective selling techniques, practice management skills and networking skills
- Develop comprehensive financial plans that cater to your clients' needs, constraints and unique situations
- Utilize advanced mutual fund analysis to evaluate the merits of mutual fund investments
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of mutual funds against similar non-mutual-fund investments to determine which may be a better fit for your clients at their different life stages
- Help your clients understand the opportunities and risks of investment products so they feel confident in their financial plans
- Understand sales practice regulatory boundaries
- Become a key succession candidate, placing you in good standing to eventually assume senior advisors' books of business
- Buying for a Team? Click Here
Who Should Enrol
This milestone certificate was designed specifically for independent mutual fund advisors who want to build flexibility into their financial planning careers. It is suitable for entry-level professionals who may already have their mutual fund licensing – these may include junior mutual fund representatives, junior mutual fund sales representatives, insurance sales agents and assistants to financial advisors.
The Certificate that MOVES You
The Certificate in Advanced Mutual Funds Advice gives you flexibility to move your career in a way that works for you. By meeting the rigorous standards of this milestone certificate you can:
- Save time and money as you complete the core curriculum required before challenging the exams for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) or Personal Financial Planner (PFP®) designation
- Qualify for some exam exemptions and keep your Canadian Securities Course (CSC®) valid when transferring to the IIROC platform
- Gain eligibility to enrol in CSI's LLQP Canadian Insurance Course – Fast Track version
- Increase your overall credibility and commitment to your career by pursuing financial planning and investment knowledge beyond basic licensing
- Develop and implement an action plan to build, manage and grow your book of business
- Better service your clients by identifying their needs and constraints and by developing plans that are unique to them
- Increase your earnings potential by referring, where appropriate and within regulatory parameters, products beyond basic mutual funds
- Stay top of mind among senior advisors as a key succession-planning candidate
Successful completion of the Certificate in Advanced Mutual Funds Advice (CMFA) prepares and qualifies you to write the Financial Planning Exam Level 1 (FPSC Level 1 () Examination in Financial Planning).