Become a Retirement Strategy Expert
Ensure current and potential clients know you have the skills to handle their retirement by identifying your expertise with the Certificate in Retirement Strategy.
Differentiate Your Business
As Baby Boomers swell the ranks of the near-retired and retired, your Certificate in Retirement Strategy will allow you to stand out as an expert specifically qualified to address this burgeoning market – and enable you to differentiate from the mass of advisors already fighting for their share of it.
As of July 2012, candidates are given 5 years to apply for the certificate once all courses have been completed. This requirement will ensure that an individual has a current level of knowledge when the certificate is granted. If an individual wishes to request a certificate after the five years has expired, the individual will be required to re-take the Advanced Retirement Management Strategies course.
Fast Track Your Certificate
Already completed a recognized financial planning designation? You're just one course away from your Certificate in Retirement Strategy.
Who Should Enrol
The Certificate in Retirement Strategy is designed for individuals with experience in the financial services advisory professions such as; investment advisors, financial advisors, financial planners and life insurance specialists, working within a securities firm, bank, or a financial planning organization. These individuals aspire to gain a credential to reflect their specialization in retirement strategy advisory services for their clients.
This certificate will prepare you to:
- Deal with the special considerations faced by aging clients.
- Recommend tactics and financial products to convert assets into income to help support a client's desired retirement lifestyle.
- Identify and recommend strategies to help minimize risks to a client's wealth.
- Understand the reality of retirement in the present economy, including the implications for women.
- Recommend strategies to minimize retiree’s taxes.
- Navigate the retirement discovery process.
- Develop a sophisticated, yet flexible wealth management plan to address life stages and changes.