Every industry has leaders – people who go above and beyond to set new standards that others strive towards. In Canadian financial services, these people are the Fellows of CSI (FCSI®).
The FCSI is the highest honour and most senior credential in Canadian financial services. It is reserved solely for an elite group of experienced financial services professionals that meet the highest standards for advanced education, ethical conduct, industry experience and peer endorsement.
Want to learn more about the FCSI? Click to download the FCSI brochure.
Want to apply for the FCSI? Click to download an application form.
Please visit www.fcsi.ca for more information about becoming an FCSI or to search the FCSI Member Directory
As an FCSI, you're part of an elite group of distinguished leaders in financial services. In addition to industry-wide recognition and respect from clients, employers and industry peers, your Fellow allows you access to the following benefits:
- Rights to the prestigious FCSI trademarks and logos ("FCSI" and "Fellow of CSI") for use on business cards, stationery, your website and other marketing materials
- Personalized listing on the online FCSI Directory
- CSI national advertising campaign that elevates the prestige and profile of the Fellow among the industry and the investing public
- Exclusive access to insights from the FCSI Advisory Council
- Automatic membership to the FCSI Alumni group, providing you access to special resources (e.g., client brochures, advertising templates, articles/thought pieces and white papers)
- Opportunities to build your leadership profile by teaching seminars, writing articles, writing/reviewing exams and mentoring
- FCSI LinkedIn group to network with other distinguished leaders
- Front-of-the-Line VIP Customer Service from CSI
- Advanced standing into Dalhousie's MBA in Financial Services
Courses taken to earn the FCSI or achieve securities license requirements can also be recognized under a securities route to the MBA. Learn more about Dalhousie's MBA in Financial Services.
To become a Fellow of CSI, you will be assessed under the following categories of education, experience and ethics.
In order to earn your FCSI you must meet the educational requirements.
The experience component of FCSI requirements demands that you:
- Have 7 years of financial services work experience within the past 10 years
- Complete the FCSI application form, which includes confirmation of your work experience
As an FCSI, you are required to uphold the highest ethical standards and set the code of conduct in your field. As part of maintenance requirements, you must sign an Ethical Conduct Statement upon annual renewal of your Fellow.
*External Designation Recognitions are subject to CSI’s External Designation Recognition policy and fee.