A PFP® OFFERS MORE
- Proven strategies on how to best serve your clients' individual needs through financial planning.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Canadian financial planning and advice space.
- Effective approaches to establish deeper client relationships built upon trust, credibility and superior performance.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
|How to develop more robust financial plans by effectively managing all aspects of a client's financial situation including: insurance, investments, retirement, estate planning and tax strategy.||Practical 'how-to' approaches to collaborate with other industry experts to create a more comprehensive financial planning strategy.||How to improve and maximize your client relationships.|
FOUR DISTINCT PATHS TO THE PFP®
Enrol by Course
Select courses individually.
- Canadian Securities Course®
- Investment Funds in Canada
- Personal Financial Services Advice
- Financial Planning I
- Financial Planning II
* Optional – not required to attain the designation.
† Certification examination.
IMPORTANT: In addition to completing the required courses and examination certification,candidates must have fulfilled a financial planning/financial advising role for three (3) of the last seven (7) years. For example, candidates must have been actively engaged in the financial advice or planning role within the last seven (7) years to be recognized as eligible for the PFP®designation. For more information on work experience requirements, click here.
NOTICE: 5-YEAR RULE
The educational path must be completed not more than 5 years prior to application to write the AFP Certification Examination. Exemptions can be granted for courses offered by other education providers. If an individual has exceeded the 5 year time line, completion of the Financial Planning II examination (or equivalent) will be required.
Individuals must apply for the designation within 5 years of successfully completing the AFP Certification Examination. Individuals who do not qualify for the designation within this 5 year period will be required to re-take the AFP certification examination prior to being granted the designation. They will not be required to re-take the educational path.