FCSI® Advisory Council
The FCSI Advisory Council's mandate is to ensure continued growth and promotion of the FCSI, improve protection to the public who rely on the knowledge and competence of FCSI holders, and act as key ambassadors and mentors within the financial services community.
The Council consists of 12 volunteers and one CSI representative. Each Council Member sits for a two-year term with the potential to renew for another two-year term thereafter.
- Act as a consultative body by assisting CSI with the shaping of the FCSI strategy Assist CSI with promoting awareness of the FCSI and its role in the industry (to the industry and the investing public)
- Act as key ambassadors both within and outside the financial services community
Council Member Responsibilities
Each Council Member helps to develop and implement strategies that add value, increase awareness and ensure the continued growth of the FCSI.
To ensure that these goals are met, each Council Member:
- Attends and participates in a minimum of 3 out of 4 regularly scheduled Council meetings over a two-year period.
- Serves on related committees where appropriate (eg. Ethics Committee).
- Participates in setting annual objectives for the Council, based on the needs of the FCSI stakeholders, the investing public and the industry.
- Helps establish and implement FCSI awareness campaigns and events.
- Contributes to the FCSI community to promote awareness of the FCSI (eg. writing articles, being profiled, submitting testimonials, etc.).
- Remain an FCSI in good standing at all times.
The complete list of roles and responsibilities of the FCSI Advisory Council and its Members is available here.