Honorary FCSI ®
The Fellow of CSI (FCSI®) - the pinnacle financial services credential - is reserved for financial services professionals who have met rigorous standards for industry experience and advanced education. To date, more than 3,500 professionals have earned this title - an exclusive group when you consider the scale of the financial industry.
From time to time, CSI awards an Honorary FCSI® to a select individual (up to 2 per year) to recognize distinguished leadership in financial services.
HONORARY FCSI® NOMINATION PROCESS
Each year, active FCSI®s are invited to nominate someone who meets the eligibility requirements for the Honorary FCSI®. Nomination submissions are written and must include:
- A letter that clearly explains the reasons for nomination and why the candidate deserves an Honorary FCSI®]
- A curriculum vitae of the nominated person
A letter may be requested from the candidate's employer on a case-by-case basis.
Nominate an Honorary FCSI Today, email us.
HONORARY FCSI® ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for the Honorary FCSI, candidates must meet and maintain all of the following criteria:
- Minimum of 10 years of financial services industry experience
- An exception may be made, on a case-by-case basis, if the Selection Committee (a sub-committee of the FCSI® Advisory Council) finds that the candidate has made a significant contribution to the financial services industry
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting investor education - for example:
- Published articles, journals, periodicals, etc.
- As a guest speaker on radio/television
- Public speaking engagements
- Adhere to the FCSI® Code of Ethics once the Honorary FCSI is granted
- A citizen of good standing, as evidenced by extracurricular or community involvement
HONORARY FCSI® SELECTION PROCESS
- All nominations are referred to the FCSI® Advisory Council for selection and approval (2/3 of Council members must approve the nomination)
- The Canadian Securities Institute® (CSI) must also approve the nomination