Some of the other external designations recognized by CSI are:
- Certificate of Financial Planning (PFP / QC) - (Pl. fin. not required.)
- Personal Financial Planner (PFP®)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Certified Health Insurance Specialist (CHS) (Advocis)*
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) *
- Chartered Accountant (CA) *
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)*
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®)*
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)*
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM®)*
- Registered Financial Planner (RFP®)*
*External Designation are subject to CSI's External Designation Recognition policy and fee.
FCSI ® REQUIREMENTS
Education : The FCSI® requires applicants to meet specific educational requirements including completing supplementary courses and holding an approved financial designation.
Experience : FCSI® applicants must have at least 7 years of financial services work experience within the last 10 years
Ethics : When applying for the FCSI® you must commit to the FCSI® Code of Ethics.
Endorsement : You must provide contact information for an individual who will endorse your application who is either : A direct supervisor; or A sponsor who is a practicing FCSI®. If you don't yet have a sponsor, pair up with one through the FCSI Mentoring program.
Trademarks : You are also required to agree to the terms of the FCSI® TradeMark Licence Agreement, which grants you the right to use the FCSI® trademarks in your own marketing.
Application/Licence : The initial application fee is $275 and includes your licence fee for the year.
To maintain your FCSI® in good standing, you must:
- To represent yourself an as active FCSI® in good standing - and to uphold the prestige of your letters - you must renew your designation annually.
- All FCSI®s must renew their designation by their anniversary date (the date the designation was originally granted). You will receive email reminders 4 weeks and 1 week prior to your deadline.
- Each FCSI® is required to compete at 12 industry contribution (IC) hours per calendar year, starting the first full year after your earn your Fellow. See below for details
- Pay a licence fee of $275 (annually)
Learn more about FCSI® Maintenance Requirements
For inquiries about FCSI®, please email us at our special FCSI® email address.
*If you hold more than one CSI credential in good standing, you are eligible for a discount on your FCSI® renewal. The discount is tiered depending on how many credentials you have in good standing.