Earning the MTI
- The MTI® requires applicants to complete an approved learning path and certification exam, offered exclusively through the Canadian Securities Institute.
- MTI® applicants must have at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Code of Ethics
- When applying for the MTI® you must commit to the MTI® Code of Ethics.
- You are also required to agree to the terms of the MTI® Certification Mark Licence Agreement, which grants you the right to use the MTI® trademarks in your own marketing.
- The initial application fee is $275 and includes your licence fee for the year.
Maintaining the MTI
To maintain your MTI® designation in good standing, you must:
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education (CE) (per calendar year)
- Re-commit to the MTI® Code of Ethics (annually)
- Re-commit to the Certification Mark Licence Agreement (annually)
- Pay a licence fee of $275 (annually)
Learn more about MTI® Maintenance Requirements