WHAT ARE THE MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
To represent yourself an as active PFP® in good standing - and to uphold the prestige of your letters - you must renew your designation annually.
All PFP®s must renew their designation by their anniversary date (the date the designation was originally granted). You will receive reminders 4 weeks and 1 week prior to your deadline.
YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Continuing Education
- The world we work and live in is constantly evolving. As a financial advisor it's critical that you commit to lifelong learning and have a handle on the trends and issues that affect your industry - and, most importantly, your clients.
- Each PFP® is required to earn 20 continuing education (CE) hours per calendar year, starting the first full year after you earn your designation.
- 15 Hours of professional development CE credits
- 5 hours of ethics and compliance related CE credits
- CE content must fall within the competencies as provided in the PFP® Professional Competency Profile
- Code of Ethics
- PFP®s must re-commit to the PFP® Code of Ethics each year.
- To continue using the PFP® trademarks in your own marketing, PFP®s must re-commit to the Certification Mark License Agreement each year.
- PFP®s are required to pay a non-refundable license fee of $325 each year. The license fee goes towards your trademark rights and benefits from CSI.
Tools and Resources
IF YOU DO NOT RENEW
WHAT IS THE REINSTATEMENT POLICY?
PFP®s are given the opportunity to reactivate their licence after a lapse of up to 5 years. If your designation has lapsed for more than 5 years, you'll be required to re-take and successfully complete the Applied Financial Planning (AFP) Certification Examination and meet the work experience requirement in addition to agreeing to the PFP® Code of Ethics and the Certification Mark License Agreement.
- If you allow your designation to lapse for less than 60 days of your renewal date you will be able to renew on line without penalty
If you allow your designation to lapse beyond 60 days, but less than one year of your licence renewal date you will be required to:
- Pay a $50 administration fee in addition to your annual licence fee
If you allow your designation to lapse longer than one year, but less than 5 years you will be required to:
- Pay a $50 administration fee and $325 reinstatement fee in addition to the annual renewal licence fee of $325 as well as provide proof of completion of CE