Earning the PFP®
- The PFP® requires applicants to complete an approved learning path and the certification exam, offered exclusively through the Canadian Securities Institute.
- Successfully write the Applied Financial Planning certification examination offered exclusively through the Canadian Securities Institute.
- Work Experience
- PFP® applicants must have at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Code of Ethics
- When applying for the PFP® you must commit to the PFP® Code of Ethics.
- You are also required to agree to the terms of the PFP® Certification Mark Licence Agreement, which grants you the right to use the PFP® trademarks in your own marketing.
- The initial application fee is $275 and includes your licence fee for the year.
Maintaining the PFP®
To maintain your PFP® designation in good standing, you must:
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education (CE) (per calendar year)
- Re-commit to the PFP® Code of Ethics (annually)
- Re-commit to the Certification Mark Licence Agreement (annually)
- Pay a licence fee of $275 (annually)
Learn more about PFP® Maintenance Requirements
For inquiries about designation requirements, please email us at our special PFP® email address.
A NOTE FROM CSI
CSI holds itself to the highest standards of honesty, transparency and fairness when dealings with clients, students, designation holders and regulators.
We are committed to ensuring impartiality in carrying out our PFP® certification activities (e.g., certification examination results and other decisions related to granting designations). We actively manage conflicts of interest to ensure objectivity.
Learn more about the appeals policies and processes for certification examinations.
To appeal other certification decisions please email us.