Canadian Securities Institute, Moody's Analytics Training & Certification Services
Mobile Menu

Certificate in Financial Services Advice

 What will I learn?

The Certificate in Financial Services Advice will prepare you to:

  • Synthesize customer information to provide quality advice to clients
  • Build trustworthy and credible client relationships
  • Identify strategies for satisfying clients with varying needs, goals and objectives
  • Evaluate the merits of different financial tools to create value for clients
  • Assess the current financial climate in relation to client risk tolerance
  • Build positive and profitable client relationships through communication, trust and credibility
  • Establish a loyal client base through adherence to superior performance and service standards

 What courses are required to earn the Certificate in Financial Services Advice?

The following courses are required to earn the Certificate in Financial Services Advice:

Certificate in Financial Services Advice

 Is there a similar credential currently being offered in the marketplace?

The Certificate in Financial Services Advice from CSI is the ONLY program of its kind that combines licensing with financial planning knowledge and practice.

 Does the Certificate in Financial Services Advice come with any maintenance requirements?

The Certificate in Financial Services Advice does not require continuing education or annual membership.

 Can I use the Certificate in Financial Services Advice letter on my business card and for other self promotional purposes?

You cannot use the CSFA letter on your business card or for self promotional purposes.

 Will the Certificate in Financial Services Advice be valid in Quebec?

CSI is not seeking approval from the IQPF at this time. Instead, we will continue to offer the current PFP program in Quebec, which does meet the IQPF requirements.

 What is the format of the courses in the Certificate in Financial Services Advice?

All courses in the Certificate in Financial Services Advice are online course delivered in an enhanced online learning environment with interactive support tools, putting practical knowledge right at your fingertips.

The courses also come with an online eBook or a printed version of the textbook.

 What are the interactive support tools?

The interactive support tools are online activities that help you learn to apply key knowledge and concepts. This section also includes articles, job aids, simulations and other learning activities. The interactive support tools cover approximately 20% of examinable course materials (eBook/printed textbook covers the other 80% of the examinable course material).

 What is the total cost of the courses which make up the Certificate in Financial Services Advice?

CSI offers two options for completing the Certificate in Financial Services Advice to suit all learning needs and preferences.

Canadian Securities Courses (CSC) as your entry point.
Canadian Securities Course (CSC) $985
Personal Financial Services Advice (PFSA) $550
Financial Planning I (FP I) $550
Investment Funds in Canada (IFC) as your entry point.
Investment Funds in Canada (IFC) $385
Personal Financial Services Advice (PFSA) $550
Financial Planning I (FP I) $550

 How are students assessed in the courses which make up the Certificate in Financial Services Advice?

  • IFC - One 3 hour paper exam consisting of 100 multiple choice questions
  • CSC - Two 2 hours computer based testing (CBT) or paper based exams consisting of 100 multiple choice questions
  • PFSA - One 3 hour paper exam consisting of 90 multiple choice questions
  • FP 1 - One 3 hour paper exam consisting of 90 multiple choice questions
Personal Financial Planner (PFP®) Program FAQ's