What is the Certificate in Advanced Financial Advice?
The Certificate in Advanced Financial Advice is tailored to support your career progression in many financial advisory roles. This certificate provides advanced knowledge for financial services professionals in client-facing advisory roles. You will gain a deeper knowledge of advanced financial advice and financial planning. The Certificate in Advanced Financial Advice is an essential step toward becoming a Personal Financial Planner (PFP®).
What skills will you develop?
- Build trustworthy and credible client relationships
- Identify strategies for satisfying clients with varying needs, goals and objectives
- Explain the importance of the financial planning process to clients
- Explain the potential impact of life events, such as starting a family, on the financial planning process and your client’s goals and objectives
- Identify client’s financial goals and constraints to develop and customize their financial plan
- Develop a savings plan emphasizing the importance of outlining net worth, cash flow, and saving strategies
- Demonstrate the importance of asset allocation and risk management when recommending investment solutions for clients
- Estimate retirement income needs and determine if those needs can be met with the client’s available resources
- Explain the benefits of estate planning techniques to individuals, families and small business owners
- Explain the potential impact of life events, such as divorce on the estate planning process
- Identify opportunities to refer clients to appropriate experts for specialized advice
What is the path to the Certificate in Advanced Financial Advice?
This certificate is also on the path to the Personal Financial Planner (PFP®) designation. Please note that only students who have completed one of the educational paths after July 1, 2019, will be granted the Certificate in Advanced Financial Advice.