What is the Commercial Lending Relationship Manager’s role?
The Commercial Lending Relationship Manager’s job is to manage the relationships and grow the number and profitability of a portfolio of mid-market business accounts. Solid “people skills” and management experience are important in this job. An effective Commercial Lending Relationship Manager must possess a solid level of proficiency of the Commercial Lending Analyst’s competencies in order to achieve a “best in class” level of achievement in their own role.
What are the responsibilities of this role?
- Managing the relationship for a roster of mid-market business accounts to the mutual benefit of both client and the Financial Institution
- Identifying loan requirements and, alone or together with the Commercial Lending Analyst, negotiate offer of financing and completes comprehensive loan applications
- Identifying opportunities to improve revenue of portfolio by selling additional services to clients or prospects
- Building and managing an ongoing group of prospects
- Acting as a coach or mentor to members of the Commercial Lending team, or with other branch personnel
What is the earning potential for this role?
Avg Salaries from Canadian job sites
What are the required & recommended credentials and courses?
Below are the courses and credentials required and/or recommended for this career.