What is the Certificate in Equity Trading and Sales?
The Certificate in Equity Trading and Sales provides a comprehensive knowledge in capital markets, fundamental and technical analysis, and stock exchange rules. Using realistic scenarios, you will learn the role of a trader, the ins and outs of agency trading, proprietary trading, and market making with a foundational understanding of risk-management principles.
What skills will you develop?
- Understand capital markets and the features, benefits and risks of various investment products
- Understand the various types of derivative instruments and how they are priced
- Evaluate investing and trading opportunities by utilizing both fundamental and technical analysis
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the various Universal Market Integrity and Exchange rules
- Identify the business, financial and compliance risks associated with managing an equity trading desk
- Understand the techniques and regulatory requirements of mitigating those risks
- Understand equity trading operations from the buy and sell side perspectives
- Differentiate between market makers, agency traders and propriety traders
- Understand the interaction and competitor/co-operator nature of trading
- Identify the key attributes a buy-side firm looks for in an equity trading desk
- Describe high frequency trading and its impact on equity markets
What is the path to the Certificate in Equity Trading and Sales?