What is the Small Business Banker’s role?
The Small Business Banker’s job is to meet the total banking needs of small business owners. The Advisor is responsible for the sales of small business financing solutions to businesses and to business owners, as well as providing solutions to business owners for their personal financial needs. They are fully familiar with financial statement analysis and understand the meaning of financial ratios and their relevance to small business operations.
What are the responsibilities of this role?
- Designing/originating small business loans and lines of credit
- Researching the business client, competitive environment and potential challenges of the business operation
- Evaluating the credit request and analyzing risk and return factors
- Networking within the local business community to build referrals and centres of influence
- Providing recommendations on deposit, cash management and payment processing needs
- Coaching the branch sales team to identify and generate quality small business referrals
- Reviewing and analyzing business financial statements and personal financial statements and evaluating the strength and challenges of the business operation and management.
- Providing financial planning, estate planning, powers of attorney, wills and family trusts, creditor insurance and tax advice in light of both the client’s business and personal financial situation
What are the alternate names for this role?
Financial Advisor Business, Small Business Banker
What is the earning potential for this role?
Avg Salaries from Canadian job sites
What are the required & recommended credentials and courses?
Below are the courses and credentials required and/or recommended for this career.